Transforming lives and equipping people for service, Training for Learning and Serving is one of the United Reformed Church's gifts to the wider church.
Do you have a mind to:
- ENJOY stimulating sessions of study?
- ENCOURAGE growth in your church?
- EMBARK upon a new direction in discipleship?
- EXPLORE the Bible and Christian Thought as it applies today?
- ENGAGE with others on a similar journey?
- EQUIP for mission and service?
- ENRICH your spirituality?
Your mind will find a home in Training for Learning and Serving
- A spiritual journey
- A variety of courses in subjects related to Christian life and Discipleship
- A diverse learning experience with opportunities for:
- Reflective and practical work
- Personal and group study
- Local and residential gatherings
- Basic to diploma levels of study
- A fellowship of friendly people
TLS courses include:
- The Foundation Course
Two-years exploring some basics of Christian life, spirituality, theology, mission and service from a practical and contextual point of view, with specific application in a personally selected area of service.
- Developing Community Experiences
One year developing understanding of community development principles and practices in order to stimulate informed and practical engagement in such work from a faith base
- Gateways Into Worship
One-year developing deeper understandings and opening up fresh experiences of worship to enrich personal participation and/or equipping for leading.
- Gateways Into Pastoral Care
One-year theoretical and practical learning providing opportunities to increase understanding of yourself, others and the gospel and to turn new insights into active love and care.
- Gateways into Evangelism
One year exploring biblical and theological insights into evangelism in the context of practical experience and contemporary culture with the aim of equipping people for an evangelistic life-style and ministry
- Gateways Into Prayer
One-year exploring a range of past and present expressions of spirituality to enable you to apply the insights to your own experience and to equip you to help others to do likewise.
- Experiencing Faith One year of exploring other religions with the aim of developing deeper understanding and building relationships among people of faith.
Locally arranged self-contained courses on a variety of Christian discipleship matters, with slightly less demanding material, sourced through material available from the United Reformed Bookshop. New courses include Community Work and Evangelism. See the TLS Lite flier for more details.
To find out more or apply to joint a one- or two-year course, contact:
Administrator - for basic information and application forms on all courses
Mrs Heather Skidmore
27 Yew Tree Road
Retford DN22 8AY
TLS Co-ordinator - if you want to discuss in more detail the overall programme:
Revd. Stanley Jackson
Tel: 01937 520938
How does TLS work? See here