- the Ministry of Word and Sacraments
- Church Related Community Work:
- Lay Preaching Could This Be You?
- Eldership Resources
The work is divided between:
The main Ministries Committee which deals with;
General policy on ministry issues and grants for Higher Education Chaplaincy and Industrial Mission and produces major reports and publications like 'Equipping the Saints'.
There are 5 sub-committees and one advocate:
Responsible for the candidating procedures and assesses candidates for the Ministry of Word and Sacraments and Church Related Community Work
Maintains the roll of ministers, accredits those applying for inclusion after training and those coming from other denominations. It also deals with applications for Special Category Ministry posts
Church Related Community Work Programme Sub-Committee
Is responsible for supporting the Church Related Community Work Ministry and Programme under the terms agreed in the Church Related Community Work Covenant. This includes the accreditation of Churches-in-Community
Maintenance of the Ministry Sub-Committee
Advises on the level of stipend and ministers’ conditions of service through the Plan for Partnership. It is also concerned for pensions through its associated Pensions Sub-Committee.
Retired Ministers Housing Sub-Committee
Works in Association with the United Reformed Church Retired Ministers' Housing Society Ltd.
Leadership in worship advocate
Resources for worship
The Committee is also involved with or responsible for:
- Enquirers’ Conferences
- The Ministerial Accompanied Self-Appraisal Scheme
- Vocations Sunday 2016
- Vocations Sunday 2015
- Vocations Sunday 2014
- Vocations Sunday 2013
- Vocations Sunday 2012
- Armed Forces Chaplaincy
- The Churches Ministerial Counselling Service
- Criminal Records Bureau and Protecting Vulnerable Groups disclosure applications for ministers and lay preachers
- Student Link-up - for students wanting to get in touch with their local chaplain