Setting-Up a Pilots Company
No Pilots Companies in your area? Why not set one up? Pilots companies are there to serve the needs of communities where they function. Some are big, some are small. Some meet weekly, some meet monthly. Some have all the age groups represented, others have one. Whoever you are, wherever you are, Pilots could serve your community.
Starting a Pilots Company is easy. Click here for some simple steps to help you.
The Pilots Organisation
In order to provide the best support possible for local companies and their Regions, a range of people and groups are involved in running the organisation, producing resources, planning events and reflecting on the vision and startegy which makes Pilots, well, Pilots.
Regional Pilots Officers (RPOs) are there to help local companies in any way they can. Whether its organising training for leaders, suggesting resources for programme planning or coming along to a special event, your RPO wants to support you, so make sure to keep in contact with them. You can find out who your RPO is here.
The Pilots Desk based at URC House in London has a number of staff working to support the Pilots organisation. If you have any queries which you can't find an answer to, need to order more supplies for your company or want more information on Pilots resources or events, call us on 020 7916 8637, send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at The Pilots Desk, URC House, 86 Tavistock Place, London, WC1H 9RT. Click here to learn more about the staff.
Pilots Management Committee takes overall responsibility for the vision and startegy of the Pilots organisation.
Pilots Publications Board takes special responsibility for overseeing the production of Pilots resources and publicity.
As the main manual of Pilots, ‘The Compass’ provides all the information and guidance local Pilots companies need to set themselves up, organise their programmes and keep everything safe, informative and fun for all involved.
In the new version of ‘The Compass’:
- Getting Underway will look at what Pilots is all about before offering guidance on how to set-up and register a company, as well as information needed further down the line on safeguarding, officer training and so on. This section of ‘The Compass’ will be made available for those interested in setting up a Pilots company.
- Faith and Spirituality sits at the very core of Pilots and plays a fundamental role in every element of the organisation’s life and work. Pilots’ aims to support and assist children and young people as they grapple with the questions and challenges of life and faith, focussing on love as the ultimate value. This section will help companies to support children and young people in making informed choices about what they hold dear and enable them to reach their full potential, as they define it.
- Equipping and Sharing will provide information, advice and suggestions on training and education for Officers and Leaders. It will also explore ways and means of sharing knowledge, expertise and ideas across the organisation to benefit others.
- Crests are awards which Pilots in all the age-sections work towards. Action cards focussing on a whole range of disciplines from author to artist and philosopher to ice-skater will allow Pilots to develop their knowledge and skills in all sorts of ways. Prayer will be an overarching theme for every card, with each having a prayer, meditation or reflection activity to complete. Crests are organised into five categories; Interest, Learning, Overseas, Talent and Service. When put together with Prayer, these spell PILOTS!
- Games suggestions will mix old Pilots favourites with new, popular and innovative offerings from local Pilots companies and regions as well as links to a Pilots online library of games to make possibilities, quite literally, endless!
If you need any more information or are interested in setting up your own Pilots company, please contact the Pilots Desk on 020 7916 8637, firstname.lastname@example.org or The Pilots Desk, URC House, 86 Tavistock Place, London, WC1H 9RT.